“If You Have Enthusiasm, A Positive Attitude, And A Few Basic Fitness Skills, I Have A $22/hr, Fun And Fulfilling Personal Training Position Just For You!”
Dear Prospective Fitness Trainer,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit this site. It’s my hope you have precisely what I need in a fitness trainer so I can take this page down immediately, and put you to work in the fun and rewarding coaching position I have available.
You should have arrived here because you saw my employment ad in the local paper that reads like this:
Personal Trainer, $22/hr, excellent attitude, people person, growth/bonus opportunities.
So let me tell you about myself, my company and the coaching position.
My name is Ryan Norton and I run a fitness and nutrition coaching company called Wisconsin Personal Fitness in Peewaukee, WI.
My business is dedicated to helping men and women achieve their health and fitness goals through customized nutrition and fitness programs.
And business is booming!
I'm looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person to start training helping our clients achieve their health and fitness goals.
I currently offer one-on-one customized nutrition and fitness programs, small group fitness and nutrition programs, which educate, motivate, and support men, women of all ages in order to achieve their health and fitness goals.
All clients begin with an initial 12-week coaching package, which includes nutrition coaching, exercise program design, nutritional supplements, monthly body composition assessments, and weekly training sessions here at the studio.If you are hired for this coaching position, you'll begin coaching clients in the studio 2–3 days a week for 3–4 hours per day (p.m. hours), Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. You will also be working the facility 3-4 hours per day every Saturday and Sunday (p.m. hours). Bottom line: you’ll get at least 15 hours of training clients per week at $22 per hour. You will be paid as an independent contractor, and have the opportunity to move up to $24 dollars (and go full-time) after a 90-day trial period. My studio offers a casual, fun environment, quality training equipment, and the opportunity to learn the inner-workings of a successful personal training studio.
Oh yeah, I’m also very fair, respectful, and appreciative. I like having fun and making money providing highly valuable fitness services and products. You will be compensated fairly, treated fairly, and I will certainly look for ways to pay you more for your efforts if they warrant it. I want someone who enjoys working with people and making a difference in the lives of others…because that’s what we do in my studio.
- Develop comprehensive health and fitness programs for clients. You’ll receive coaching and training on our fitness system and programs, but you’ll have the flexibility to incorporate your training style and knowledge.
- Tracking client progress. To ensure a client's success in our programs, you'll need to track weekly progress, current successes, and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise logs, and more on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold a client accountable for his/her health and fitness program to ensure the best results possible.
- Perform body composition evaluations. Ideally, you'll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, body weight, girth measurements, blood pressure, heart rate, and various strength and flexibility tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that's a bonus.
- Coach clients through the 12-week program. You'll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keep detailed weekly progress reports on the clients you’re working with. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her program, you'll coach and motivate them, and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress. You will also be required to reach out to your clients on a daily basis for simple check-ins and continue to motivate and encourage them.
- Demonstrate proper exercise instruction. This is a big one. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc.), and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client’s goals.
- Provide ongoing health and fitness education. Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that empower them to lead healthy lives forever. You'll be provided with educational tools and resources, be expected to study them, and speak about them with your clients. We also spend time covering this in our weekly staff meetings.
- Contribute to an increase in WPF local awareness. It is imperative that you are a team player in the common goal to increase the local awareness of WPF so that we can further our mission to improve the health and fitness of as many people as we can. This means you will be posting on the WPF Facebook page and sharing the WPF posts on your personal page, as well as other major social media outlets.
What’s at your core? Required Skills:
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Good communication skills. You will be talking with my clients, who are VERY important to me. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone, and know how to conduct yourself professionally and deliver clear instructions to the clients. I’ll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- People skills and personality. You must LOVE working with people! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people. This is an exciting studio and you must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them.
- Health and fitness education. You do not need personal training experience, but you should have a working knowledge of health and fitness.
- Honesty and Integrity – Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Intelligence – Learns quickly. Demonstrates the ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Communication Skills – Speaks and writes clearly and articulately.
- High Standards – Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Teamwork – Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Calm Under Pressure – Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Work Ethic – Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Efficiency – Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Flexibility/Adaptability – Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because they are not mandatory).
- Previous personal training experience (fitness studio, health club, in-home trainer, etc.)
- Basic nutrition knowledge
- National certification
- Kinesiology degree
- CPR certified
How To Apply:
I’m looking to hire the right person relatively quickly. If this job sounds good to you, then complete the web form below and we’ll contact you by phone:
Again, thanks very much for your interest,
Owner and Head Trainer/Nutrition Coach, Wisconsin Personal Fitness
P.S. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Performance is everything to me. If you perform, you will be rewarded. I want nothing more than to find a person who takes a real interest in doing good work and taking care of our clients. If that's you, I promise that $22/hour is only the starting point. I recognize and reward performance.
With all that said, as I mentioned in the headline on this page, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go a long way in my book. I’m a very positive, upbeat business owner and appreciate those qualities in others. As long as you have the basic skills I mentioned and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate! So, submit your information today!